OCx is a Denver, Colorado based leader in the design, delivery and support of best of breed infrastructures. As a value added reseller (VAR) and technology integrator, we serve the voice and data networking needs for customers in government, small to medium enterprise (SME), and restaurant & retail chains, nationwide.
You’ll appreciate our consultative approach
About UsWe're more than just a VAR
Our ApproachBringing order to complexity
Take us DeeperMore about what we do
We like simple solutions to complex problems
ShoreTel is among the top 3 commercially available IP voice platforms, and leads the group in terms of reliability, scalability and ease of administration.
Arista enables new capabilities and best of breed “cloud-stack” services that have never been possible in monolithic single-vendor architectures.
- Arista's standards based EOS offers CLI customization and system extensibility
- SDN - (Software Defined Networking) offers industry leading network virtualization interoperability
- Ultra low latency, Arista runs at wire speeds in both layer 2 and layer 3 setups.
- VM Tracer offers dynamic provisioning of VMs and VM auto discovery
- Ease of management and familiar Cisco IOS-like command line
Arista minimizes complexity and cost in VMware virtualized network environments.
Brocade is challenging established technologies with a fresh wave of innovation, offering new levels of manageability, capacity and scalability for campus LAN-base applications and mobile device saturated BYOD environments:
- Mix and match stacking
- Single point management
Palo Alto Networks
Today's application rich environment is changing the way enterprises are looking at security. Apps are necessary productivity tools, but they can also provide avenues for threats and siphon productivity. Palo Alto Networks' next-generation firewall brings users, applications and content under policy control on a high performance firewall architecture. Palo Alto Networks firewalls:
- Classify all traffic, on all ports, all the time
- Securely enable applications on your network based on users and groups
- Real-time content scanning blocks threats, controls web surfing and limits data and file transfers
Call OCx for a proof of concept, and you'll see what your current firewall has been missing.
Fortinet firewalls offer excellent performance, good value, ease of administration and solid core technologies. Among Fortinet’s hallmarks are:
- Hardened platform is suited for tough environments
- The highest price/performance ratio in their class
- More interfaces than other products in their class
- Cost effectively achieves PCI compliance
- Centralized policy and update management
- High-speed firewall and IPSec VPN performance
- High Speed Application Control
Ruckus is the best solution for high density, BYOD environments, is easy to deploy and manage, and offers the lowest cost of ownership among the top 10 enterprise WiFi solutions:
- Voice and Data Network Design
- Contract Negotiation & Procurement
- Full implementation Management
- Ongoing Support & Trouble Ticket Management
Nimble Storage solutions integrate flash performance with economical hard disk drives. Nimble Storage is built on Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout (CASL) architecture that delivers:
- High performance, capacity and efficiency
- Dynamic caching, allowing fast access to data stored in flash
- Application-tuned block sizes speeds up performance for Exchange, SQL, Server, etc.
- Efficient, instant snapshots and thin provisioning utilize storage more efficiently
- Efficient Replication, reducing bandwidth costs for WAN replication
- Zero-Copy Clones, great for test/development workloads
Tintri was designed from the ground-up for flash and virtualization. There are no LUNs or volumes, tiers, RAID groups or other traditional storage objects that create complexity in a virtualized environment.
- VM-Aware manageability - VM bottleneck visualization identifies performance problems at the hypervisor, network and storage levels.
- Simplicity and flash performance - set up 13.5 TB of usable storage in a single datastore in minutes
- Industry's lowest cost per VM workload with up to 1000 VMs in a 3U chassis
- Automatic data management places cold data on disk while keeping active data in flash
LifeSize gives you full HD, standards- based 1080p30 for the highest resolution on the market and 720p60 for the best motion handling with lower latency. Ideal for large meetings and conference rooms, the LifeSize 220 Room system comes standard with an embedded eight-way continuous-presence multipoint bridge, showing four visible sites. Available as rack-mountable hardware. Compared to other systems, LifeSize's differentiators are:
Highest HD Video Quality: HD 1080p30 video
10x zoo camera supporting 1080p30 HD
- 2'nd generation phone with touch screen powering both HD video and audio
- Room 220 with embedded eight -way multipoint bridge, continuous presence, showing four visible sites.
We work hard to avoid shortcuts
Good SamsCase Study, Telecommunications
Based in Bowling Green, Kentucky, the Good Sam Club is a sister company of Camping World, America’s largest retailer of RV supplies, accessories, services and new and used RVs. Both the Good Sam Club and Camping World were founded in 1966. The Good Sam Club offers RVers the resources to make the most of the RV lifestyle, including significant savings on RV and health insurance, financing, roadside assistance, extended warranties and repairs.
When it came time to renegotiate their global telecom contract, the client invited OCx to help. With an annual telecom spend of over $1.2million, fractions of a penny, billing increments and 4 digit rounding mean a lot. The challenge was to bring competitive bids to the table to drive down the rates offered by the incumbent carrier and gain more favorable contract concessions.
OCx helped the client gather competitive bids and evaluated call center solutions including advanced IVR platforms, resulting in significant telecom cost reductions.
The client was able to renegotiate their global telecom voice and data contract, saving money and securing favorable contract terms. The savings amounted to an 64% reduction, or $700,000 annually. Over the term of their contract, Good Sam's saved $2.8MM.
“We’ve known OCx for years. I’m always astonished by their ability to analyze and make sense of large amounts of data and put solutions and proposals together that most other vendors just can’t handle. Their attention to detail is amazing.” - CIO
The City of Lakewood, ColoradoPublic, Telecom, ShoreTel
Case Study: City of Lakewood, Colorado
American Blue Ribbon Holdings, LLCfirewall, phones, shortel
American Blue Ribbon Holdings, LLC, Located in Denver Colorado, owns and operates Village Inn, Bakers Square and Max & Erma’s restaurants. In an industry where concepts quickly come and go, ABRH is able to boast not only longevity but also quality of service provided to their guests.
With a proprietary POS System, IP Credit Card Processing, and Limited Budgets, the national restaurant chain needed to move away from dial-up credit card processing to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Seeking to track and improve customer satisfaction, establish a loyalty program, and take advantage of cost savings associated with consolidated IP credit/debit processing, the client needed o free up capital in order to move forward the development of their proprietary POS back-end solution. The challenge was to implement a cost effective WAN and save enough through telecom cost reductions to offset the cost of the POS deployment.
Step 1, Audit & Recovery. OCx conducted a telecom audit and assisted in recoveries. A telecom database was then established as a baseline for comparative ROI analyses.
Step 2, ROI Analysis. OCx evaluated multiple WAN solutions and ran multiple ROIs to identify the optimal solution, with emphasis on cost reduction and ease of management.
Step 3, Negotiation. OCx negotiated local, long distance and WAN contracts, making sure the client was fully protected against business downturn and other critical client-specific situations.
Step 4, Implementation. OCx implemented the WAN solution while project managing the POS deployment, coordinating internal staff activities as well as installation teams and 3’rd party vendors.
Step 5, Maintenance. OCx provides on-going telecom consulting and expense management, management of moves, adds and service changes, and provides trouble escalation services.
During a three year duration, OCx helped ABRH save $2.4 million in hard costs. These savings came from the reduction of local phone line costs and the recovery of slammed charges as well as the removal of sub-account fees and unnecessary Dial-up services. In addition to the hard cost savings, ABRH saved in soft costs through their use of OCx’s free full-time staff support.
“OCx has become part of our staff. They provide full time support for our objectives and our people and their attention to detail is phenomenal. I’m always amazed by how they consistently drive down telecom costs, so much so, that telecom is now our most effectively managed cost center. OCx can be counted on to deliver exactly what they promise, and more. Telecom is complex, and the numbers they project are always accurate. Aside from their expertise, the best part is their business philosophy.” –VP of MIS.